Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change to Subscription being considered

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
rchrugg
Tutor
Tutor

Glad this community exists because Arlo support is non-existent, and I already want to punch the chatbot in the face

I have 5 4k cameras spread among two smarthubs.  I have only been paying for a single camera premier subscription and was informed that the cost for this service would be increasing in February.  If I understand this correctly, if I pay annually instead of monthly, there won't really be an increase.

My questions:

1. Would my setup (5 cameras / two smarthubs) be considered one account and therefore only need Arlo Secure Multi-Camera or Arlo secure plus subsciption?  

2. It's my understanding that by paying an annual amount, I would forego the increase of subscription, even though the cost would go up by including more cameras, is that correct?

3. Is there any way to speak to a human at Arlo to ask questions or make changes?  Sad to say, but I have felt mislead before by this company and want to be sure I am fully informed before making any decisions, or scrapping the whole thing and buying another brand.

Thank you for your assistance and happy New Year

Rich

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rchrugg,

You can view more information about annual pricing plan availability and details here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html

If you would like to speak with support about this, you can find support contact information within the Arlo mobile app under Settings > Support.

JamesC

Larus
Aspirant
Aspirant

James C responded to your post saying a real person could be contacted through the app > settings.  He is wrong.  I check it out because I have been hoping to talk with a real person about my situation.  The only opportunity I found was to chat with their virtual assistant.  That is not what I want.

I am pausing as i consider whether I will stay with Arlo or not.  They need real people to be available.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Larus wrote:

James C responded to your post saying a real person could be contacted through the app > settings.  He is wrong. 

@rchrugg already has a subscription, so has a phone support option.

If you don't have a subscription, that wouldn't be available to you.

Larus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response, Stephan and James.  I am a subscriber.  I have been for a number of years. I am still searching for a real person phone number.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you gone to Settings, Support and chosen a camera? There should be a phone number in that display.