Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Capture.PNG

I owned 9 Essential Wireless cameras. Recently I bought one more. 

Added it to the system. Set it up just like the others. Works just fine.

Saw that I was getting emails from the system, from the new camera, alerting me to triggering events. I didn't enable them (don't want them) in the first place, but I did go into the system (on my phone) and disabled (toggled off) the "email notification" button. They are disabled on all of the other cameras. I don't need emailed notifications/alerts.
  I disabled it both on "armed home" and "armed away"... both of them. Did it on my phone, not the desktop.

Next time I checked my email.. there they were... 15 or 20 emails from this camera.

I went back in and toggled off the button for emails, and went so far as to delete the email address that it shows, not just toggling off the switch.

Well, that's happened about 4 times now... I turn it off, and the system turns it right back on.

It's only doing it on this one, new camera.... the other nine were turned off and stayed off.

What is causing this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This morning before I made the initial post, I logged in on the desktop and turned off notifications... which had  somehow enabled themselves,  again, on the armed away tab. Turned it off, disabled or whatever you want to call it.

I left the house and went uptown.

I just checked email and I see there were 9 or 10 email notifications from that camera....

I made sure they were turned off and disabled and the email address deleted before I left the house....but it takes it up on itself to re-enable everything and reinsert the email address..

Screenshot_20230920_112831_Yahoo Mail.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't say for sure but try removing the camera from your account and add it back in to remove any weirdness.