Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bugs in Security System migration

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SipasDad
Guide
Guide

Maybe we can collect the migration issues here in once thread. There's bound to be a lot.

Here's mine: I was convinced (stupidly) to migrate my app to the new "security system" configuration. I experimented with adding a "location" and moving several cameras to that new "location". That caused them to be lost from the subscription - hence, no more video recording from those cameras. Moving them back to the original "location" and deleting the experimental "location" has no effect. The only option that "support" can recommend is to remove those cameras and reconnect them. Maybe that will work. But these cameras are at a vacation home 150 miles from here and I won't be at that location for several weeks. In the meantime, I am paying for recorded videos and not getting them... Awesome... and *maybe*, when I get back to the house in a few weeks, *maybe* removing and reconnecting will restore them to my subscription... 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, each location now requires its own subscription, unlike the old UI.

SipasDad
Guide
Guide

Yes - and:

1) there is no warning prior to changing your camera's location (even if you are just creating a virtual location to group them), that you will be potentially doubling (or more) your monthly subscription cost

2) there is no way to restore the setup you had before - i.e. putting the camera on the previous location and expecting everything to work as it did. You have to remove the camera and reconnect it to get the subscription to cover it again.

I have a big problem with Arlo's new charging structure with each location now requiring its own subscription, and no warning to that effect if you move a camera to a new location in the software. But they really should develop a way to reconnect cameras to subscriptions they've been attached to without having to be physically present. Arlo advertises these as useful for vacation homes. Arlo's products seem to require a lot more user intervention than others and I can say that's a huge PITA if you have them installed at a remote location.