Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base vmb3500 no longer being found by Arlo Secure app?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
pccm
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Secure app no longer finds the Base station. ( Have the VMB3500 base, and trying to re-connect, but steps lead to statement "No Arlo Devices found". I tried factory reset of base station, re-install of Arlo Secure app, iphone re-start, but still same message... I cannot reach Arlo customer support direct, so wondering what next steps to take.

10 REPLIES 10
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What app version are you using?

Mobile or web browser?

To add a arlo device your arlo app needs to have local network access to the base station either by Ethernet or wifi connection.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've reset the base you also need to remove everything from your account. Then you can start fresh, claiming the base first.

pccm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. Not sure what you mean by “remove everything from your account”?

Since my webpage access to Arlo shows correctly my base station connection to camera, isn’t that proof that problem is just the Arlo Secure connection to my Base station?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Can you confirm that the base and cameras are functioning using the arlo web login?

If that’s the case is you’re iPhone app showing the base and cameras offline?

pccm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, web access is OK. So , base station is transmitting. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Suggest that the arlo mobile app is the issue. Had you updated the app recently, I see many customers reporting problems after updating.

Going forward, always check for bugs before updating, arlo will not tell you what bugs they roll out with an update, just fixes.

MasonStone352
Aspirant
Aspirant

I replaced my vmb3500, I cannot find it on the network either. Is there a way to manually add it by IP?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MasonStone352 wrote:

I replaced my vmb3500, I cannot find it on the network either. Is there a way to manually add it by IP?

What model base did you replace it with?

What is the LED status?

MasonStone352
Aspirant
Aspirant

For anyone who comes across this later and needs some assistance like I did, here's what worked for me:

I was able to replace the original cameras and get them to work with the new hub, as I had accidentally reversed the polarity from my battery backup and fried the last one. Lesson learned - don't do that again! Some small surface mount capacitors, transistors, and/or resistors were visibly damaged as a result.

I connected the replacement (second-hand, but in like-new condition) to my router and was able to see the IP address of the base station through the router. Using both my phone app and laptop gateway, I couldn't detect the base station, so I did a factory reset and while making sure all the lights were amber. Checked again, and the VBM3500 base station (from some Amazon shelf) showed up. Phew!

I deleted one camera at a time (although I probably could have done them all at once) and resynced each to the new base station using the sync buttons on each camera and the base station. I also gave each camera a new name for its location since it comes back with the default cam name (which could be the serial number). Eventually, I deleted the old base station device and now just have the replacement base station and the three cameras.

I apologize for the stream of consciousness while working it out, but that's what I needed to understand the process and get it to work. Maybe this will help some other poor soul who needs a little guidance. Best of luck!

MasonStone352
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, Same model. VMB3500. Found second-hand one on Amazon. I was able to get the replacement to work.