Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Assistance with Custom Mode Setup

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
vmcmahon
Follower
Follower

Hi, I have a question about Modes

I know I have the ability to create an additional mode, but can I do it based on a schedule? 

My Scenario is as follows: I have my outdoor camera setup in armed mode. I want to set up an Indoor camera, to record/alert based on Motion, but only at night, say after everyone is gone upstairs to sleep.  How can I do this?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vmcmahon wrote:

My Scenario is as follows: I have my outdoor camera setup in armed mode. I want to set up an Indoor camera, to record/alert based on Motion, but only at night, say after everyone is gone upstairs to sleep.  How can I do this?

You schedule modes.

If your interface still shows "Library", then you can create a custom mode that does what you want, and schedule that.

If your interface shows "Feed", then you cannot create a custom mode.  But you can edit one of the three built-in modes (Armed Away, Armed Home, and Standby), and you can edit those three modes as you wish.

Biscuitboy1980
Guide
Guide

This is absolute crap...And there is no way to roll back to the older interface???  I lost all kinds of capability because of this.  You also can't schedule a devices notifications for different times which makes the security of this system worthless.