Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo support sucks. Maybe they will help now, They have still not replied.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tjop
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the other day I decided to give the CVR plan a try, no wires needed. Records 24/7 yay! Nope. Kinda. I had it on one device it worked flawlessly for 48 hours and decided to stop it since the camera I wanted to use it with had no constant power. Okay check. Fixed that. Now let’s add the plan to it. Well soon to find out it would have been easier to eat lead. I added the CVR plan to the new camera removed from the old and okay now we wait. hour goes by then two three four five. CVR option to view timeline shows up camera freezes and goes away now I’m like okay. Let’s add it back to the other camera too. No issues when CVR WAS JUST ON IT. CVR option shows up. Camera goes live. Does not record. Okay maybe an equipment issue. Restarted reconnected re synchronized everything nope. Lead still is seeming easier to eat. So now I contact Arlo support.

But honestly I think a monkey in a zoo would have more ability to help or at least give me my moneys worth to watch them destroy these cameras.

so anyway long story short, Arlo secure plan for 3 and a doorbell, CVR on two of those cameras with more then enough internet speed. Constant power on cameras. No outages power or internet wise. All steps for physical troubleshooting have been preformed. Customer support contacted with no help or real response. They said they will contact me back once again 24 hours later. They are like that one night stand we all remember. If you get what I mean. So I’m Like wtf am I paying 60$ for two cameras that WONT EVEN RECORD AFTER 24 hours. Wouldn’t care to keep paying that much a month. But if it isn’t gonna work. Maybe I go else where and just have a few new options for target practice. 

but anyway motion alerts everything with the secure plan works. Cvr option shows timeline shows but no footage nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tjop
Aspirant
Aspirant

In response to my original message. I canceled the CVR plans. Logged out. Relogged in on a different device. Re added CVR plan and it appears this has resolved my issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tjop wrote:

So the other day I decided to give the CVR plan a try, no wires needed.

Not correct.  The cameras need to be connected to an AC charger (a solar panel isn't enough).

Arlo cameras must be plugged in to AC power to support CVR

Tjop
Aspirant
Aspirant

To clarify in case imaginations come rampant. 

arlo power hardwire kits. They directly connect from camera to usb brick (5v@2amps) plugged into an outlet. not solar. Don’t know where I mentioned that I ever had solar lol. If it’s from me saying no wires needed. I have a detached garage one of them is on. With traditional cameras I would need to run wires or Ethernet. This I just have to plug into power. I consider this still wire free. But not power free.

https://a.co/d/7ospou3

Tjop
Aspirant
Aspirant

In response to my original message. I canceled the CVR plans. Logged out. Relogged in on a different device. Re added CVR plan and it appears this has resolved my issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tjop wrote:

With traditional cameras I would need to run wires or Ethernet. This I just have to plug into power. I consider this still wire free.

FWIW, most people here say the camera is "wired" when it is connected to power.

And many overlook the need for AC power with CVR.