Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo phone app for iPhone - disabled face ID but it still prompts me for faceID.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
pschmehl
Tutor
Tutor

The Arlo phone app for iPhone is driving me nuts. I have an iPhone 11. The app worked fine using facial recognition UNTIL I set up my wife's phone to use it. Now, I can't login. I disabled face ID but it STILL prompts me for faceID. So, I disabled face ID for ALL applications. Now, when I try to login using my username and password, the keyboard drops to the bottom, then pops right back up, not allowing me to tap on the green login button.

It's hard to understand how software developers can do such a lousy job.

I have now uninstalled the app. It does me no good to have ten notifications for an app that I cannot even login to.

Fix your software, Arlo.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pschmehl,

On iOS you should be able to tap the keyboard button on the bottom right hand side to minimize the keyboard. This should allow you to tap the login button after entering your credentials.

JamesC

pschmehl
Tutor
Tutor

The problem is, the keyboard keeps popping back up before I can tap on login. It's a very poor software design. In order to get it working without FaceID (which I will never again enable for this app), I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, FaceID works perfectly with my iPhone 12 mini.  Though I don't use the friend account feature, that is actually a separate account - so it is suprising that would make any difference.  Plus FaceID is purely local.

You can dismiss the keyboard when it blocks access to the login control.  I don't have that issue with Arlo, but I do with some other apps on the iPhone.  

pschmehl
Tutor
Tutor

The entire point of my post is that I CANNOT dismiss the keyboard. When I do, it pops back up immediately, making it impossible to login.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pschmehl wrote:

The entire point of my post is that I CANNOT dismiss the keyboard. When I do, it pops back up immediately, making it impossible to login.

Sorry, I didn't see that it was popping back up.

But still, this is not something I see with my iPhone 12 mini (currently running iOS 16.1.1, but I didn't see it on iOS 15 either).  So this is puzzling.