Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SG1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need help with an Ultra camera that was interrupted whilst firmware update, now I can not connect to redo.

I put the battery in and it flashes blue once every few mins... if I press the reset button it doesn't have any response... if I long press it flashes 3 orange flashes then goes into the 1 blue flash every few mins... any suggestions???

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SG1968 wrote:

if I long press it flashes 3 orange flashes then goes into the 1 blue flash every few mins... any suggestions???

That is the camera reset procedure. Use the full procedure here:

SG1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately the camera won't start flashing blue no matter how long I press the reset button, and I have already removed the device from the hub, not sure if that has something to do with it, but as I said, after I put the battery in, 1 blue light, every few mins, not seconds! and if I long press for 15 seconds it flashes 3 orange times then 1 blue and that's it!???

I'm a little lost at the moment as to what to do.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SG1968 wrote:

if I long press for 15 seconds it flashes 3 orange times then 1 blue

I'm a little lost at the moment as to what to do.

Try onboarding the camera from the app after you do this.  If the app doesn't work, then try a PC (browse to my.arlo.com).

SG1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried that via my Mac but still no luck! 😞

SG1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

can not get the camera to have any other light sequence apart from what I have already explained!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SG1968 wrote:

can not get the camera to have any other light sequence apart from what I have already explained!

Understood. 

You are saying that when you tried to onboard after the amber flashes in my.arlo.com, that process failed.  Correct?

SG1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correct!, have tried several times with 2 different base stations but still no luck! and the lights flash only after you hold for 15secs are 3 amber then 1 blue and then nothing.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SG1968 wrote:

Correct!, have tried several times with 2 different base stations but still no luck! and the lights flash only after you hold for 15secs are 3 amber then 1 blue and then nothing.

Thanks for responding.  Unforutnately I don't have any good ideas on other things to try.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) in case they have some suggestions.

SG1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fingers crossed that someone can help! 🙂

thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.