Arlo Secure Subscription - inflexible customer service

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
slambertr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I like the Arlo system, but am extremely disappointed in their customer service (or lack thereof). I have Arlo systems installed in two separate locations. I needed an Arlo Secure subscription for the one - I received a discount offer and signed up. But the system processed for the wrong location. I reached out to Arlo to change to the correct location: cancelling the first location and applying the discount to the second. But Arlo refused to do so, explaining that "We do not have the option to apply the same discount to your other location, as discounts are system-generated, so we do not have the option to override the prices."

I am quite sure that Arlo could apply the discount to the second location, but for some reason decided not to.

So I ended up cancelling my subscription.

Super disappointing, Arlo...

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@slambertr wrote:

We have checked with our team internally and we are glad to say that the best offer we can provide is to terminate the current plan from Belmont location and provide a 12-month off of Arlo Secure Multi Camera Plan.

I am not sure what this means? I am looking for the discount at the second location.

Thank you.

They are offering you a free year for one subscription.  Which probably is a better deal than the discount that you lost.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @slambertr 

Thank you for the feedback. If you would like me to reach out to support, I can try to see if we can find a resolution for the other security hub subscription. 

Thanks 

slambertr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne -

Thank you - much appreciated. I cancelled the subscription at the first location. I have since received this message from Support: 

We have checked with our team internally and we are glad to say that the best offer we can provide is to terminate the current plan from Belmont location and provide a 12-month off of Arlo Secure Multi Camera Plan.

I am not sure what this means? I am looking for the discount at the second location.

Thank you.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@slambertr wrote:

Thank you.

They are offering you a free year for one subscription.  Which probably is a better deal than the discount that you lost.