Arlo Secure Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gestosad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, i was wondering if there is any way to permanently disable the Siren? I am using it as a great solution for when i have visitors and i can't hear the door; but i live in an apartment complex, so outside my door is a very large, very tall, encased stone staircase - a better sound tunnel could hardly be imagined.

I have no intent of ever using the Siren function, and if it goes off by accident, through firmware issue or otherwise; i am going to cause a total disturbance for tens, if not hundreds of people.

If not software based; is there any explanation of opening the device up and removing whatever speaker, chip or cable is responsible for the Siren?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gestosad wrote:

Hi, i was wondering if there is any way to permanently disable the Siren? 

It's not going off now, correct?

Have you tested it while outside with the doorbell?  Then you'd have a better idea on how much of a disturbance it would make.  For most cameras it's fairly quiet.

Gestosad
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not going off now no; i am just scared it might be pure accident, i've read several reports on this very forum of people having various firmware bugs that can, on rare occasion, cause the siren to go off incorrectly; if that happened i might get thrown out.

I have not tested in the hallway staircase, because simply walking up the stairs causes quite significant sound to the entire spiral - what i would really like is to know if there is a way to disable the Siren permanently, to not run into the issue

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gestosad wrote:

I have not tested in the hallway staircase, because simply walking up the stairs causes quite significant sound to the entire spiral 

The test would only be a couple of seconds.

@Gestosad wrote:

what i would really like is to know if there is a way to disable the Siren permanently, to not run into the issue

I think the Siren is just using the doorbell speaker.  Disconnecting that would make it impossible for you to talk to whoever is at the door.  Making a hardware mod would also void the doorbell warranty.