Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure App Notification wont clear

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MrSevy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using the arlo secure app on my samsung galaxy s8 plus. When someone presses the doorbell and I get a notification on my phone that the doorbell has been pressed, I cannot clear this notification and have to turn my phone off and back on to get it to clear. This only occurs on the doorbell pressed notification; if I get a motion detection notification I am able to swipe these away from notification bar. Any thoughts? Is this due to my phone or does the android arlo secure app need updating?
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MrSevy,

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed from the app store? Does this happen every time or is it an intermittent issue?

JamesC

MrSevy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I have uninstalled and downloaded the arlo app a few times now. I have made sure I have cleared any saved data or cache data to ensure I am starting clean and it doesn't resolve the issue.

This happens everytime the doorbell is pressed. All other notifications I get from the arlo app I am able to clear but this doorbell pressed notification I cannot which is really frustrating.

I am running a samsung galaxy s8+ with the latest software available for this phone, I know it is quite old now. It is running Android 9 (Pie).

MrSevy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using microsoft launcher vs the default one UI home launcher, perhaps this is a problem.