Arlo Can't Activate My Starter Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
theshrekening
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Arlo Starter Subscription for home insurance purposes, and while the hardware seems to work, the subscription and its support team have been horrible. All I needed was the monitoring certificate to send to my insurance provider but here are the list of roadblocks 

1. They required me to use a 30-day test plan, which does not provide the certificate. They did, however, require me to pay using a 36/month plan through Affirm. If I paid, why not just give me a regular plan right away?

2. After making my first payment and waiting for the trial plan to expire, I went to get the certificate and nothing was in my account. Arlo support tried to tell me I needed a paid subscription in addition to what Affirm was charging me. I only got transferred to technical support after showing them this from their own website.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 2.19.56 PM.png

Starter Subscription $9.99/mo

What’s Included:

24/7 Professional Monitoring

In an emergency when every second counts, our Live Security Experts monitoring your home will immediately dispatch help, 24/7.

Critical Alerts

Get important emergency and system notifications to ensure a rapid response in critical situations, even while your phone is on Do Not Disturb, Mute, or Silent mode.

Direct Dispatch for Fire, Medical & Police

With one tap from your smartphone or Keypad Sensor Hub, you can immediately dispatch fire, medical, or police responders and alert Live Security Experts for help.

Sensor & Security System Notifications

Receive real-time notifications on your smartphone, generated by sensors and security devices that inform you of events like door/window openings, motion detection, and system status changes.

Requires a separate paid plan to support cameras and doorbells.
All subscriptions include: Monitoring Certificate for insurance savings.

3. Arlo has pretty much told me tough luck... 

I am sorry, you have been charged but the Starter plan is not activated. But it will get activated once the ongoing issue is foxed, you will not be charged henceforth for the Starter plan when it gets activated.

I am sorry, most of the customers who are trying to download the monitoring certificate are experiencing the same issue, and our dedicated team is working on it for you.

Arlo has charged me for something that not only doesn't get me the certificate I need but doesn't even work! Not only that their poorly trained or intentionally deceitful support tried to get me to pay for a higher tier! 

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @theshrekening 

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible to further investigate. I have provided your escalations number here: 44152882