Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station - No Recordings Showing in Feed on App

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kwebb12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not subscribe to any services, however I do have a USB device in the Arlo Base Station which is should be recording to.

I noticed today that my 'Feed' in the App is blank and not showing anything.

How can I check my Base Station to ensure videos are being recorded and fix it so I can see them in the application.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You show a VMB4000 base so all you can do is check the base's local storage settings to see what portion of the drive has been used. You would need to buy a VMB4540 or 5000 to be able to use the app to view local recordings - any older base requires that you eject the drive for viewing on a computer. Also, the local storage settings location is where you would view your recordings if you do upgrade your base to a hub - Feed is only for cloud recordings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You show a VMB4000 base so all you can do is check the base's local storage settings to see what portion of the drive has been used. You would need to buy a VMB4540 or 5000 to be able to use the app to view local recordings - any older base requires that you eject the drive for viewing on a computer. Also, the local storage settings location is where you would view your recordings if you do upgrade your base to a hub - Feed is only for cloud recordings.

kwebb12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, okay. Thanks for the information! Appreciate you!