Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App suggestions

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Here are some suggestions for the Arlo App.

1. Have a button to ‘click on’ that shows the Key statistics or settings of ‘all your cameras’ individually that is.
for example under My devices. I have to click on each device then click on each camera, then the video settings, just to see the actual settings. And once in device settings it does NOT tell you what type of  device it is, I.e., Arlo go2, essential, pro, etc.    Somewhere in the app build a new feature that shows the camera model and all the settings that have been applied ‘on one screen’  

2. Be able to go from Arlo app to the ‘community.Arlo.com’ directly without signing in again. I’m sure there are two systems involved here, but it should be able to pass login details to Arlo community app. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to #1...

there is a picture of the differ cams in the settings... Arlo hd are small rounded silver bezel , Pros have a black bezel while Pro2s have a white bezel

But for now, the easiest thing to do (which I do)  is put the type of camera in the device name ( about 20 characters )

example ;  Rear Yard P2 11-02

this tells me it is a Pro2 model and that the batteries were last changed on Nov 2

Easy to see the info your looking for in one view

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rkay321 wrote:

And once in device settings it does NOT tell you what type of  device it is, I.e., Arlo go2, essential, pro, etc.    

I agree it should - it's something I've asked for before.

The hardware version shown in device info might be useful for support but is too opaque for users.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to #1...

there is a picture of the differ cams in the settings... Arlo hd are small rounded silver bezel , Pros have a black bezel while Pro2s have a white bezel

But for now, the easiest thing to do (which I do)  is put the type of camera in the device name ( about 20 characters )

example ;  Rear Yard P2 11-02

this tells me it is a Pro2 model and that the batteries were last changed on Nov 2

Easy to see the info your looking for in one view

Morse is faster than texting!