App update

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lawrence_jh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did the update to the app and now I get notifications with no recording incidents detected. bug  or feature ?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lawrence_jh wrote:

I did the update to the app and now I get notifications with no recording incidents detected. 

Are you using a "Friend" account (shared cameras)?  Or are you using the primary account?

Lawrence_jh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shared account for the other cameras. I’ve deleted the share and reshared however I get badge notifications of the shared cameras but cannot see them on the feed. This changed after the update. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lawrence_jh wrote:

Shared account for the other cameras. I’ve deleted the share and reshared however I get badge notifications of the shared cameras but cannot see them on the feed. This changed after the update. 

Both accounts need to be using the same interface (either both showing "Library" or both showing "Feed").

It sounds like the primary account needs to be migrated.  The hack for doing this is to go into "add device" on the primary account, and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  That process can't be completed without the camera, but the account will be migrated to "Feed" before you get stuck.

There are some issues still with "Feed".

• There are no custom modes.  While the three built-in modes are fully customizable, you cannot add any more.
  • At the moment it is impossible to get the combination of geofencing+scheduling to work 
Monica3183
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. Have a shared account (husband has primary account). We have always shared. After the update, I have no devices/cameras on my account but continuously get notifications like the cameras are detecting movement. It is so frustrating.... I deleted my app, deleted my access, deleted my account and started over.... still it is the exact same thing.... 

Lawrence_jh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m hoping Arlo have taken it onboard and coming up with a fix. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lawrence_jh wrote:

I’m hoping Arlo have taken it onboard and coming up with a fix. 

@Lawrence_jh , @Monica3183 :

Arlo will at some point migrate everyone to "Feed".  For better or worse, that is their "fix".

If you want this to work today, your only option is to use the hack I posted above to migrate accounts still using "Library" to "Feed".