Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App update gone wrong

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Heavyuser
Guide
Guide

In the name of God please revert back to the November revision!!  I cannot even log in anymore   I'm an advanced network and Arlo user.  Spending full subscriptions on all six of my cameras, but I'm about to toss them all in the trash!!  Since the December update I cannot even log in.  App crashes immediately when I try to open it and Ive had a support ticket in for almost a month.

Also, why in the world do you use a 2.4 network in a day and age where 7 is rolling out?  You're supposed to be a security application!  It's not wise at all to stay on the oldest wifi available.

Cameras are a worthless boat anchor right now and if this isn't fixed real quick, that's exactly where they are going!!

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Heavyuser wrote:

App crashes immediately when I try to open it and Ive had a support ticket in for almost a month.

Are you running Android 14 beta?

@Heavyuser wrote:

Also, why in the world do you use a 2.4 network

Range is better at 2.4 ghz than other frequencies.

I think the real issue on this one is that Arlo needs a discovery/onboarding that works no matter how the phone is connected to the network.

Heavyuser
Guide
Guide

Yes, 14. beta.  And that's true too.  The setup is a killer because of 2.4

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Heavyuser wrote:

The setup is a killer because of 2.4

Many routers (including my Orbi) give you just one SSID, and don't let you turn off bands.  Fortunately onboarding still works for me when I ignore the instruction in the workflow.  But obviously not for everyone.

That said, I think it is reasonable for outdoor cameras to connect at 2.4 only.  Normally that is the best choice anyway given the distance to the cameras.  And only running one radio will save power in the camera.   But the onboarding needs to just work (and it clearly doesn't).

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There should be a beta firmware available at this time that should resolve the issue that you are seeing.

Heavyuser
Guide
Guide

No, no repair yet....

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Heavyuser are you still seeing this same behavior?