Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App issues after latest iOS and app updates iOS 16.4.1

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
CSCO
Tutor
Tutor

1. Please verify the exact error you have with the Arlo app.
-No error is displayed, just won't go past the loading screen where the house icon is displayed

2. Please verify what have you done so far to troubleshoot the issue.
-Restated phone
-Close out app and reinitiated it
-Deleted and re-installed app

3. Please provide the make and model including the software version of the mobile device used.
-iPhone 13 Pro Max - iOS Version 16.4.1

4. Have you tried to log in on a different mobile device or a computer?
-Was able to successfully log in on a computer

It won't go past the loading screen with the house icon going on 7 days now, really renders this whole system useless when you can't view them on mobile. Also what kind of backwards policy is it that without a subscription you can't receive live support? last time I checked the cameras were not free or cheap for that matter 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the phone, and putting it into airplane mode (keeping wifi disabled).  Then launch the app. You should then get an internet connection error.  Take the phone out of airplane mode at that point, and see if you can log in.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the phone, and putting it into airplane mode (keeping wifi disabled).  Then launch the app. You should then get an internet connection error.  Take the phone out of airplane mode at that point, and see if you can log in.

CSCO
Tutor
Tutor

If you’re not part of the Arlo team, they owe you a drink bare minimum!

thank you 

NWC2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Amazing - after being on the phone with Arlo support for over 45 min, they still couldn't come to a solution.  Your solution worked!   Agree, Arlo should hire you!  

dough51
Star
Star

Same issue with iPad.

I did the airplane mode trick a bit different since iPad is only Wi-Fi connected (on over-air access):

Follow same directions except after launching app and getting no internet connection I reconnected Wi-Fi and took it out of airplane mode… voila!

Meggie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app not working after apple update a couple of days ago. It still works on my iPads which have not been updated. I tried everything with airplane mode, re install, off load, etc. Hours on phone with Arlo support and still no good. No arlo on my iphone or apple watch which are the place I really need it

Debkwatson0915
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow!  This worked, thank you so much.  I have been trying all day, off and on, to get it fixed. After several attempts I found this info, it’s greatly appreciated.

LindaTS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. This worked for me, as well!

AndreD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unbelievable. It really works. Thank you.