App Improvements

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tcupilot08
Follower
Follower
I like the product and mostly like the app. Compared to Ring and Nest, the product exceeds expectations. However, I have two issues with the app compared to Ring and Nest.

1. The badges on the app should reflect the number of notifications according to the settings for smart notifications. Instead it shows all types of motion. For example, I have a camera set to only notify me when people are spotted. However, I get badges for all motion types. For the example camera I get over 500 badge notifications a day. Please fix this!
2. When you open the app to main tab, the previews should be live rather than a still of the last activity. It’s annoying to have to hit play every time. Please fix.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
Just to clarify that both issues you described are functioning as intended.

The badge number indicator reports the number of recordings made to the library at the time the last push notification was received. This badge gets cleared after you view the library.

The reason for so many recordings is that the camera has to send the camera footage to the arlo cloud server to make the smart detection notifications so they get added to the library. This is a good thing as the smart notification software can fail to identify the wanted event so you have a record at least to review.

Regards the app starting camera live viewing when opening, great for one camera operation but if you have 10 cameras it can take up to a minute to see the wanted camera feed as all cameras will need to be live streamed and your limited to five at a time anyway.