Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android app not ending video streams when minimized?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
zcraig29
Follower
Follower

Hi there, I've noticed a bug and thought someone should know, I often will go into the app, hit play to see something, and then stop the video, occasionally I have noticed noises coming from my phone and have realized it is the audio from the video stream from my camera, still playing despite the video not being on the foreground of my screen anywhere, I'm not sure if it's something about the way I'm closing them (maybe sometimes I forget to hit stop before I minimize?) but if I close the app from my running apps list it stops the noise, my main issue is that with these devices having rechargeable batteries, this is killing my batteries, I don't see a bug report button in the app so I just figured I'd post this, maybe I'm the only one with this issue, or maybe nobody else was able to isolate it to the app or cared enough to find the bug report section, hope this helps someone get this fixed

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @zcraig29 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was also able to reproduce this as well. I have notified the team. I will provide more updates as soon as possible. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @zcraig29 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was also able to reproduce this as well. I have notified the team. I will provide more updates as soon as possible. 

Thanks

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @ShayneS and @JamesC 

Just wondered why my comment was deleted please? Was it because I stated that one of you said there was no issue with the app associated with streaming in the background, while the other found the issue, or was it because I concluded that the team was incompetent? Or that I provided the link to a video doorbell discussion in which a similar/identical issue is described (including my contribution saying that it wasn't just the video doorbell, but a camera, too)?

Thank you.