Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Zuke246
Initiate
Initiate

IMG_2593.png

I’ve had this Arlo pro 2 system since 2020. Exactly one month ago I received an email stating they’re giving me one free month of Arlo secure and there’s nothing I need to do. Today it expires and I login to check my cameras and it says I need a subscription to use these cameras. So they basically found a way to try to force me to subscribe to a plan which I never paid for ever. This seems like bait and switch and will cause legal action to come about. 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

How many cameras do you have?

Zuke246
Initiate
Initiate

I have 4 cameras and the single doorbell. The 4 cameras always had 7 days recording while the doorbell didn't record but notified me of motion or somebody ringing the doorbell

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Zuke246 wrote:

I have 4 cameras and the single doorbell.

Ok.

Try removing one of the Pro 2 cameras from your account, and then add it back.  If "add device" is not responsive, you can use the manual sync method to add it back.

Jetski44
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue…. This is BS

Jetski44
Guide
Guide

I don’t think that’s the point…. Seems ARLO disabled the basic functionality these camera came with originally basically locking you out unless you pay for a subscription 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jetski44 wrote:

Seems ARLO disabled the basic functionality these camera came with originally basically locking you out unless you pay for a subscription 

They haven't.  This is a bug in the Arlo Cloud that has affected some Pro/Pro 2 customers.

The mods can do a back-end sync to correct it.  The other way is to remove a camera from the account, and add it back - which triggers the same sync.  So try that next, if you haven't already.