ARLO Secure and camera battery question

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PKNIcks10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the EOL cameras and am considering upgrading to a Arlo Pro 4 and the new ARLO Secure system, since they no longer offer the 1 week free recording.
With the old system, I had to have my cameras on a continual power supply.
With the new system, do I need to have the cameras on a continual power supply to work with ARLO Secure?  

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PKNIcks10 wrote:

With the new system, do I need to have the cameras on a continual power supply to work with ARLO Secure?  

No. 

But that shouldn't have been needed with your old system either (assuming you have outdoor cameras).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't need to upgrade unless you really want to. The cameras will continue to work with the same free 7 day plan as before. Read the notifications you recently received for details. There won't be firmware updates but there haven't been any for a long time anyways.

PKNIcks10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the information, I did see the most recent notification that I will keep the 7 day notification.

If I were to upgrade to the ARLO secure and attach all my cameras, do they need to be on a constant batter supply for the notifications and recording to work? I need to get ARLO Secure for my doorbell camera to work and trying see if I need 1 camera or multiple on the system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PKNIcks10 wrote:

If I were to upgrade to the ARLO secure and attach all my cameras, do they need to be on a constant batter supply for the notifications and recording to work? 

No. You wouldn't need to change anything with the setup - just put the cameras into the subscription plan.

If you do that, then 

• retention would increase to 30 days
  • you'd get activity zones when on battery power
  • you'd get smart notifications