Won't send confirmation email for sharing

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MC002024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried 20 times to get a confirmation email to get access to my parents Arlo system that I set up. Both my sisters got the email and have access, so it works. I have an Arlo account, I bought the equipment for my parents, but registered my mom for the account with the equipment.  Would this create a conflict? Why can't I get the confirmation email? I have asked Chat help two times now and they cannot help me and it takes 1 hour to get them to comprehend I'm not getting the confirmation email. Any help out there?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the "confirmation email" I assume you mean the email relative to sharing their cameras with you (Grant Access)? What is your email platform (Gmail.com, etc.)? Any chance the  email in the setup to Grant you access is wrong or have an embedded space someplace?

MC002024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for replying.  Yes, “Grant Access.” I use an AOL email address. We were successful with my two sisters gaining access, so I believe everything is correct. The issue is only with my email address. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What email providers do your sisters use? If not AOL, that may be a clue. You'd have to talk to AOL email support to see what's up - they may be blocking it. 

MC002024
Aspirant
Aspirant

They both use gmail. I guess checking with AOL is a step. But, I do receive email from Arlo on my main, home account that uses the same email address.

MC002024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo told me to contact AOL about a “White List.” They gave me a couple of urls to provide them. I contacted AOL and they said, “give the business this form.” And gave me a link to a form from inside a web chat. So, somehow they expect me to contact Arlo and have them fill out their form..? This is ridiculous and so time consuming.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN can you ask about AOL emails? 

It may be a good idea to get another email account (we know Gmail.com works) as a backup plan.

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation