REPEATED FASLSE CRASH DETECTION

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TNBHARVEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently added "Arlo Safe" and included a family subscription as well as adding VEHICLE SAFETY which includes "crash detection".   It supposedly only activates if you are moving at least 25MPH and experience a sudden stop, like a vehicle crash.  However, I am getting REPEATED false crash alerts for myself and I am sitting in my house, NOT MOVING.  I then have to go to the app and press and hold the on screen "safe" button, then also enter my PIN.  My family is then told I am safe.  I went in to the settings DISABLED the crash detection but am still having false crash detections.

Is anyone else having this issue?  How do I resolve it?  I hate to uninstall the whole app because I could still use the family location and their safety alerts.  This is a paid service and I am not getting what I paid for!  Thank you!

#arlosafe

#crashdetection

#falsealerts

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TNBHARVEY,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

TNBHARVEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone even looked in to this yet?   I've actually had this issue happen now on THREE different phones and it still happens multiple times a day.    Unacceptable to be paying for this.  It's now January 6 and I sent a response to Arlo detailing the problem on Dec 12. Why am I being charged for getting nothing? 

I used to be a huge proponent of Arlo but have had more issues in rheast month than I ever had, and now I see they are issuing "end of life" statements for older products and increasing price plans.  Is RING a better solution now? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TNBHARVEY,

This issue is being investigated by the dev team. The last contact from our L3 team request app logs for further analysis. Were you able to work with the L3 team to provide those logs?

JamesC

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation