Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

varies about when it detects motion

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jeanniemaries
Aspirant
Aspirant
I set the sensitivity level to its highest setting when I discovered that it was not detecting any emotion at the far end of the room, for example when I cross the hall, and the first time after that, it detected that motion. Now it again does not detect motion unless you are 10 feet from the camera. Is there anything else I can do before deciding it's defective?
6 REPLIES 6
Jeanniemaries
Aspirant
Aspirant
Of course I meant motion, not emotion
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure you set this in your modes/rules, not in the motion detection test.  The test just allows you to check to see what you need and that setting needs to be transferred to your rules in the Mode tab.

HH2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where do you find the rules on an android phone? I have attempted to set motion several times and

it wants to default to 50%. A better step by step answer would be great. Watched most of the Youtube

and they were not of any help as my S7 screen looks nothing like the one they are showing. Thank You!

Jeanniemaries
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did set it in modes, but after googling, I discovered I set it for less sensitivity, not more.  Oddly enough, it worked correctly on less the first time and then after that you practically had to stand in front of it waving to get noticed.  I changed the sliding bar all the way to the right towards the running figure and it now picks up more motion.  Just walking past the open door frame doesn't get me noticed (all the way at the back of the viewing area) but if I stand there and wave my arms it will start a recording.  Thanks for answering.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The videos are fine but there are step by step directions in the FAQs here. Basically, use the Mode tab, click on your base and check out the Armed mode. While you can make adjustments there, you'd be better off creating your own custom modes for complete control. Make sure that any changes you make are saved with the Save selection which may be on the current page or one back. Always check for another Save to be sure as you back out of your changes.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Oops. Since this is about A cameras, when entering the Mode tab, you'll see you Q camera, not a bad. Click on that.