Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

stolen Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shabda360
Aspirant
Aspirant

So my Arlo was stolen, can the thieves get anything like my password or net work password from it.?  Does it have a memory?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Shabda360 wrote:

So my Arlo was stolen, can the thieves get anything like my password or net work password from it.?  Does it have a memory?

The network ssid and password are entered during setup into the Q using the bar code box ( when you hear the chime )....

And yes, the Q retains ( it has to in order to reconnect to your wifi )  this but I don't believe there is any way of getting the network password back out in any way that is usable.

The only thing I can think of is that the Q could possibly hook into your wifi IF a neighbor in range of your wifi took it..but they still wouldn't be able to view the camera as it would be running thru your account  which has it's own separate password (which isn't in the camera )

Long story short... I wouldn't worry about it.  But I would file the thief with police and the serial number of the camera and contact Netgear if they possibly retain stolen #s on cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Shabda360 wrote:

No. You never entered a password to your network into it anyway because it's cable connected

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Shabda360 wrote:

The network ssid and password are entered during setup into the Q using the bar code box ( when you hear the chime )....

And yes, the Q retains ( it has to in order to reconnect to your wifi )  this but I don't believe there is any way of getting the network password back out in any way that is usable.

The only thing I can think of is that the Q could possibly hook into your wifi IF a neighbor in range of your wifi took it..but they still wouldn't be able to view the camera as it would be running thru your account  which has it's own separate password (which isn't in the camera )

Long story short... I wouldn't worry about it.  But I would file the thief with police and the serial number of the camera and contact Netgear if they possibly retain stolen #s on cameras

Morse is faster than texting!
Shabda360
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess I did  not know which camera I have,(had).  My camera had no either net cable.  It connected wirelessly to the internet through wifi.    

so i think the camera does have the pasword in it. 

but I don't think the password is accessible to the the thief .

thanks

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh sorry. This is in the Arlo Q section. Didn't see that sorry. How did someone steal your Q?!!