Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will Arlo Q worl flowless in this conditions ?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mayuu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello ! 

I would like to buy few Arlo-q cams for a campain that will take place in a store .

The Arlo-q cameras will need to be placed in refrigerated display case . The refrigerated display case just blows some cold wind to the productos to stay cool not to freeze . 

I saw that in the product specs the camera supports -10 degrees to 50 degress.

I will have the camera record by motion for 15 hours a day . Do you think the refrigerated display case will be a problem for the Arlo-q ?

(i need Arlo-q becouse i can add an SD card and power supply)

Thank you for your time ,

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

From the temp specs and what you state, don't think the temp will be a problem

What I do see as a possible problem/s

1) the Q works on wifi, does the wifi signal penetrate the display case? Will the sd card support 15 hrs if no signal?

2) recording that long may be a problem unless the CVR option is purchased... I have run the Q for over an hour, but not sure if there is a cut off time if left alone ( tho the motion detect will function for 24/7 if need be )

3) what are you acually looking to view?  Acess to the case?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget about things flapping in the breeze and motion detection.

mayuu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thx for your fast replay.

1. I dont need to use wifi just local recording. and the refrigerated cases wont have any glass they are for client autoservice. I will use a 64 GB card or 120 GB

2. I want to record to start on trigger and end in 15-20s  maximum from a specific range if that is possible.( store is open for 12h max)

3. I i want to record people that aproapch the case to take a product .

Do you guys think i can get all of these coverd with the Arlo-q cam ? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mayuu wrote:

1. I dont need to use wifi just local recording. and the refrigerated cases wont have any glass they are for client autoservice. I will use a 64 GB card or 120 GB

2. I want to record to start on trigger and end in 15-20s  maximum from a specific range if that is possible.( store is open for 12h max)

3. I i want to record people that aproapch the case to take a product .

Do you guys think i can get all of these coverd with the Arlo-q cam ? 

Numbers 2 and 3 should be fine and I don't see a problem.

Number 1 , can say I'm not sure...

I have the standard Q camera not the Plus.... Not sure if the SD card allows full local recordings. You should ask one of the Mods/ Netegear that has more spec info on that/

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mayuu,

You would need to connect the Arlo Q Plus to an internet connection to go through account creation (either via WiFi or ethernet). Once you have claimed the Arlo Q on an account you can then insert the SD card and set the mode.

From that point if the internet is disconnected, the Arlo Q Plus will remember the mode that was set and send recordings to the SD card.

I hope this helps, if you need additional clarification, please ask.

JamesC