Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Carlos73
Tutor
Tutor

My problem is  my camera is flashing purple saying that it's poor wifi signal, even though it's in the same room maybe 3meters wy if that, I have never had this problem, it's only just begun, so I'm unsure what has changed? And I have the new BT smart hub with a stronger wifi signal, is my camera faulty? I'm confused so Amy help would be much appreciated, thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It is possible... It could also be it has switched to 5ghz (instead of 2.4 ghz which has better range)  tho 3m is a short distance...new interference?

First and easiest thing to do is a RESET of the Q camera  ( hold in the reset button for about 10 sec till the led flashes, re-sync as normal )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Carlos73
Tutor
Tutor
Hi thanks again for your help, I've tried the reset and it's no better, how do I know what hz it's on please?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That info would be from you your router as to what devcies are connected and on what channels

You said 3 meters away... is it thru walls, mirrors, metal, etc?

You could also try starting a trouble ticket with support in case the problem is the camera

Carlos73
Tutor
Tutor
Hi thank you, no the camera is in the same room on the window still if any thing there Is just a TV in the way, but like I said it was working fine, how do I create a trouble ticket?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Carlos73
Tutor
Tutor
An update I've checked my router and my camera is on 2.4GHz