Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Aspirant

Why do some iOS contacts have an "Arlo" icon when I never gave permission to anyone to view?

Problem with contacts showing Arlo beside camera icon. 

No , the it is not solved even is previous topics is saying that 

please provide a true permanent solution 

I just realize that I have the same problem as configuring my wife’s iPhone 7 iOS 12.1.2 arlo 2.6.3

when clicking on camera icon there is no other option than arlo 

even worse it is not possible to remove it

Model: VMC3040|Arlo-Q HD with Audio
Message 1 of 5
Arlo Moderator

Re: Why do some iOS contacts have an "Arlo" icon when I never gave permission to anyone to view?

Hi @Andberg1,

You can choose other options on the camera icon by holding on the "video" icon and you will see the list as the screenshot provides on here.

Message 2 of 5
Aspirant

Re: Why do some iOS contacts have an "Arlo" icon when I never gave permission to anyone to

No, This solution is Not working when there is no other choice than Arlo to choose. Arlo must not interfere with my contacts in anyway 

Message 3 of 5
Aspirant

Re: Why do some iOS contacts have an "Arlo" icon when I never gave permission to anyone to

Not working 

Message 4 of 5
Aspirant

I agreee with @Andberg1, the solution that was given does not work.  If i go through the Arlo app i have to put in a password.  If i click on the arlo icon on one of my contadts it takes me straight to my arlo without a password.  This is a security issue.  Please give a soulution that really works.  This is unacceptable. 

Message 5 of 5