Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We are sorry. The system is experiencing an unexpected issue.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ghost78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have already contacted Arlo Support (over an hour long live chat that went absolutely nowhere), so now I am trying here. We have not been able to log in to our Arlo account for a number of days. I have tried in the new, freshly installed app (for Android), and on three different computers, on three different browsers - Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Any/all attempts to log in result in the exact same error message: "We are sorry. The system is experiencing an unexpected issue." (There will be a red or orange bar with this message across the top of the screen). It's been like this for several days, and if it's not resolved soon, we're just going to have to look for another camera setup. Unfortunately, we bought our cameras too long ago to return them at this point. Please address the login issue, as the cameras are just paperweights without being able to log in to our account.  Frankly, I don't want to have to buy new cameras and switch to something else.  I'd rather just have the Arlo system working well.  Please do not make suggestions such as "Have you tried clearing the cache?  Have you tried restarting this or that?  Have you tried disconnecting from WiFi and reconnecting?  Have you tried using only mobile data and not WiFi?  Have you tried reinstalling?  Have you tried on other devices?  Have you tried on other browsers?" etc.  Of course we've already tried all of those... or I wouldn't be here.  The fact that we can't log in from anywhere tells me the problem isn't on our end.  Please address this login issue.  Judging by all the recent comments on the Arlo Facebook page and all the bad reviews on the new app, it looks like Arlo is having a LOT of problems.  We have free Arlo for now, but I was thinking about upgrading to a paid package - I'm glad we haven't so far.  How this is handled will decide whether we do in the future or not.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ghost78
Aspirant
Aspirant

RESOLVED.  Let's just say by the Occam's razor principle.  Makes me want to bang my head against the wall that the problem was so obvious.  Anyway, thank you for your reply but all is well now.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't think it's an app or web problem but one that has affected your account. How it got goobered will always be the question.

I would try resetting the camera and add it back using a brand new account (New to Arlo at login). It may not work since it should still be connected to your existing account but it's worth a try.

Otherwise, Arlo would have to delete your account (not sure if that's possible) or remove the camera from your account so you can claim it on another.

Ghost78
Aspirant
Aspirant

RESOLVED.  Let's just say by the Occam's razor principle.  Makes me want to bang my head against the wall that the problem was so obvious.  Anyway, thank you for your reply but all is well now.  

my81babyblue
Aspirant
Aspirant

So what did you do to fix it cause I'm having the same issues after installing the new app

Tmoney666
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue. Is there a way to fix without making a new account?
Ghost78
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just wanted to follow-up and let folks know that the issue only ended up being partially resolved, and I hope you can follow what I'm saying here to understand.  The initial problem was something that makes me feel rather foolish. I have a primary email address that I use for pretty much everything.  However, when we set up the Arlo cameras, I chose to use a different email address - one that I use on my phone and don't use very often for anything else.  I was/am in the middle of grieving the loss of a close family member and wasn't thinking clearly, and I kept trying to log in to the Arlo account with the primary email address - the one I use for everything else... forgetting that the spare email was the proper one for Arlo. So of course it wasn't working! HOWEVER, strangely enough... the primary email is the one where I receive emails from Arlo.  Not camera notifications, I mean service/update/marketing emails... like for example, that email address is the one where I received the initial email telling me that I need to install the new Arlo app.  I receive other Arlo emails there too... like prompting me to upgrade to Arlo Smart, etc.  SO, it makes sense that I was trying to log in with my primary email, because in my mind, that was the email linked with Arlo (and clearly is somehow, otherwise I wouldn't receive emails there). I still cannot log in with that email.  And I really wish I could, because I would like to add it as an account for granting access to view the cameras.  With Arlo, you cannot view your cameras from two devices at once... for example, if I am logged in to look at the cameras, my husband cannot log in from work to look at the cameras or it will bump me off.  You can't log in on a phone and a desktop to view them at the same time, or any other device combination you can think of.... which is pretty ridiculous.  So if two people would like to check in on the cameras at once (like two spouses), one of them is going to need a separate login that has been added via the Grant Access option.  Well, I can't grant access to my primary email, because you need to be able to at least log in with the account you're trying to grant access to, and I still can't log in with that email.  (And yes, the password is correct, as I have successfully changed it.  Funny, it allowed me to change the password via email verification, but not log in.)  I still get the same stupid error message when trying to log in with that account: "We are sorry. The system is experiencing an unexpected issue."  I had to create yet another Arlo account with a whole new alternate email address in order to grant secondary access on another device.