Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ojix
Star
Star

I have been using two Arlo Qs in my house for more than a year. Since I updated my iOS Arlo app to v.2.10 yesterday, I cannot set Activity Zones for either of those two Arlo Qs correctly. When I open device setting window in the app and select Activity Zone menu, I am supposed to get the exactly same still  image as Arlo Q camera captures. But since the update, I get an enlarged image covering only the upper left corner of the full captured image, and therefore I cannnot set Activity Zone in the remaing unshown area.

This problem is reproduced in both of the two Arlo Qs, and with both my iPad mini 5 and iPhone 8. The iOS version is 13.1.3, and Arlo app version is 2.10.

Curiously, however, it does not happen when I open the web setting window of the same Arlo Qs by using my Mac and Safari.

Judging from this and the update timing, I strongly suspect it is the bug of iOS Arlo app v.2.10.

Please let me know if someone encounters the same problem as mine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ojix
Star
Star

Looks like the activity zones bug has been finally fixed by the latest update v.2.12.

Than you arlo anyway, while it took as long as seven weeks. For the future updates, more careful pre-release testing is desirable.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dalziel2020
Initiate
Initiate
Identical problem. Must be bug
ojix
Star
Star

Thank you for reporting your situation. I already reported this issue to arlo support in my country before posting here, and I hope they will fix it soon.

I feel this pattern of troube, i.e., encountering a problem after an app update, is fairly common for arlo cameras. As long as they label their products as home SECURITY cameras, they should check their app update more carefully before actually releasing it.

ojix
Star
Star

I've just received a reply from the customer support regarding a temporary solution to the activity zone issue. According to them, the problem happens when the resolution of Arlo Q is set 1080p, and changing it to other options, such as 720p, will fix it. I tried this with my two units of Arlo Q, and it worked !

They understand it is a temporary solution, and they are trying to fix the bug permanently.

For those who are in the same troube as mine.

ojix
Star
Star

For the record, the activity zone bug is not fixed yet by the latest iOS app ver.2.11.

Wuff
Guide
Guide

I just noticed the same problem with the zoomed in Activity Zone view.  I called Arlo yesterday.  They said they knew nothing about the problem and gave me case #41290707.  Happens to 20 cameras in two locations and on four devices.  

ojix
Star
Star

Looks like the activity zones bug has been finally fixed by the latest update v.2.12.

Than you arlo anyway, while it took as long as seven weeks. For the future updates, more careful pre-release testing is desirable.