Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to obtain RMA Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Caymanmclaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I purchased an Arlo Q for my mom who lives in England. It was purchased through Amazon. From day one my mom has not been able to claim the device and since my mom's address and my address are different, Arlo support said they are unable to process my RMA. I am exhausted, I provided proof of purchase, Arlo support has issued two case numbers ( 40530750 and 40541622 ), I have already spent over six hours with customer support, everytime I call customer support I have to explain the entire issue because there's no notes on my case. 

I am planning to leave negative feedback on Amazon, the Arlo facebook site and contact the corporate office and anything else that I can do to get back my money.

I have other Alro devices that work great so I thought it would make a great gift. Working with customer support has been a nightmare.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Caymanmclaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thank you very much for your help.

I will admit that I had lost all hope with helping my mom to claim the Arlo Q camera. Sometimes we can overlook our own mistakes and then look to blame others when we don't understand, but at the same time, good guidance ( from others ) in the begining could have prevented much unavoidable disappointment and frustration.

I am very pleased that you were able to provide "to the point" feedback on the camera issue and now the gift for my mother works the way it was intended. I now only wish that I had started looking for advice at the Arlo community forum when we started experincing issues with the camera. 

Thanks again Sir! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why wouldn't you have tried to get a replacement from Amazon? Where are you located? It would seem to be a different country (US?) and purchasing in one country and use in another likely will always be an issue. You may need to have the camera sent to you so the RMA can be processed. Initially using amazon.co.uk would probably have been a better solution.

Caymanmclaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've offered those options to Arlo customer support. The Alro customer support team are so confusing, you have to continuously repeat yourself. 

It is a matter of principles, any good company should stand by the product they sell. Not just sell a product and hope that it works. I guess customer support is not critical when you are making profit! 

I am done with Arlo. I am tired of calling cutomer support being put on hold and then the call is misteriously disconnected or being told that I would be called back and never heard back from anyone. Seems like a cartel of customer support imposters trying to discourge you from getting anything done. 

Arlo has your money and you loose if your product does not work! 

Thank you Arlo!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Caymanmclaren,

I'd like to offer assistance with your support case. I've reached out to you in a private message requesting more information.

JamesC

Caymanmclaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thank you very much for your help.

I will admit that I had lost all hope with helping my mom to claim the Arlo Q camera. Sometimes we can overlook our own mistakes and then look to blame others when we don't understand, but at the same time, good guidance ( from others ) in the begining could have prevented much unavoidable disappointment and frustration.

I am very pleased that you were able to provide "to the point" feedback on the camera issue and now the gift for my mother works the way it was intended. I now only wish that I had started looking for advice at the Arlo community forum when we started experincing issues with the camera. 

Thanks again Sir!