Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Syncing to my router

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Safetygirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since the first setup I have removed all the cameras from the Arlo app. Now I want to reset the system and continue surveillance but the camera will not sync to my router. Please help! Super frustrated!
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What system are you using? This is the Arlo Go area which uses cell service, not a router or base. We need details to help. The exact steps vary according to what system you have. Have you checked the FAQs here?
Safetygirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Details, please.  We need to know a lot more before we can help.

Safetygirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know what more detail to give you.  When I push the sync button after plugging in the camera it blinks blue forever and will not connect to my router.  I have it within the recommended 3 feet of the router.  I put the password and network name in, scan the barcode that is generated and nothing.  It does a slow blue blink forever.  What else can I tell you?

jguerdat wrote:

jguerdat wrote:

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
First, it appears that this is a Q camera but you've never verified this.

A possible cause is the use of non-alphanumeric characters in either the SSID and/or passphrase. The older firmware won't accept this. Once the camera gets the updated firmware most characters are accepted. You just have to get there first. Are your WiFi settings be using special characters?

Another possibility that your WiFi isn't using WPA2 encryption. You may be using this - other encryption methods won't work.