Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscription upgrade for Arlo Q and Pro

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MartyBW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just purchased and set up two Arlo Q cameras and four Arlo Pros.  The sixth camera could not be added due to the limit of five for the basic subscription plan.  I intended to upgrade to a paid plan but withiNthe Arlo app no option to upgrade is available.  This limits me to only using five of my six cameras which is not ideal.  I live in Bermuda so am guessing there is a restriction based on my location. Is there any way to overcome this limit or should I apply a workaround such as as create a separate account for each group of cameras.  I'd prefer the upgrDed plan as I could use the longer storage period. Appreciate advice, help.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Opening a paid account,  will give you a much longer time wise in rolling storage... but in your area it's not available

But i will say that there is no limit as to storage capacity since Jan '16 when the usage meter was removed....

So. if you open two accounts like you were thinking, there are benefits if you set up the cameras properly... each base will have it's own schedule, arming, etc... so you can smartly use one base/account for inside and one for outside... and run two totally separate systems

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MartyBW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you TomMac for your quick reply. It confirms what I was thinking. Should I deactivate the cameras before setting up the second account and adding them?

TomMac wrote:

Opening a paid account,  will give you a much longer time wise in rolling storage... but in your area it's not available

But i will say that there is no limit as to storage capacity since Jan '16 when the usage meter was removed....

So. if you open two accounts like you were thinking, there are benefits if you set up the cameras properly... each base will have it's own schedule, arming, etc... so you can smartly use one base/account for inside and one for outside... and run two totally separate systems

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you'll need to remove cameras from the first base in Settings, My Devices to be able to add them to the second base.