Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Status lights

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
needlotsofhelp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the camera turned off in my settings, and I also have the status light turned off, but a lights blinks continuously at night and drives me crazy.  How do I prevent this?

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That was an older bug...thought they fixed that...

UNLESS, it's a purple flashing led... that overides the settings to tell you the Q is near the max of it's range. ( i used tape to cover )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
needlotsofhelp
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, it wasn't a purple light, it was a bright flashing yellow light that lit up the entire room.  Thanks for you attempt to help me.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A slow blinking amber LED indicates a low battery.

needlotsofhelp
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is an Arlo Q camera, so batteries are not an issue.  This light only seems to blink at night.  It is very bright and lights up the entire room.  It is mainly yellow, but I have seen some red in there too at times.  I have the camera turned off. I don't think it occurs when the camera is turned on, but I don't want it on all the time.   I have found it blinks at night no matter whether I have the status light on or off.  The room is totally dark but there is a small nearby window through which you see moonlight.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Are you sure it's not the IR illuminators glowing a faint red? Turn night vision off in Settings,My Devices, your camera.
needlotsofhelp
Aspirant
Aspirant

No it is not a faint glow; it pulsates.  It is bright yellow to orange in color.  You get the bright light that lights up the room and then total darkness,  It pulates back and forth.  My guess is that it turns off and on about every 5 seconds.  I tried turning off the Night Vision last night thinking maybe that would do it, but it didn't help. I had night vision, camera and Activation all turned off last night and it still pulsated.  I should probably get out the ladder and move the camera to a different outlet to see if that makes a difference.  But that is where I want the camera so even if I find that is the problem, the camera is useless to me.  

Do you have to buy one of the monthly programs to get the continuous recording?  I thought you had that feature if you used the basic program, but I don't have continuous recording on my camera, only the motion-activated recordings so I am guessing that you have to buy one of the 14 or 30 day programs to get that feature.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
CVR is a separate purchase. You can have it on the free plan.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

needlotsofhelp,

As mentioned above, CVR is a feature available for purchase, see more here: How does the continuous video recording or CVR feature work?

As to the light you are mentioning, it is possible that the Arlo Q was performing a firmware update, while this wouldn't occur often it may produce the LED pattern you describe: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo Q camera mean?

The other possibility is loss of network connection. This will result in a flashing amber LED indicating the camera is not connected to a network. You indicate this happens at night, would you happen to be turning off your router?

JamesC