Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Some Videos Don't Play And/Or Are Corrupted

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mynhard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lately, some of the video clips that I receive a notifaction for are not accessible. The thumbnail is there, but when I try to play the video in the browser, nothing happens. If I download it and play locally, it turns out to be corrupted. This doesn't happen to all video clips, but to a sizeable fraction. I can't find any reference to anyone else having this issue, which surprises me!

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the Arlo Q & test again?

Mynhard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, and it still happens. It's intermittent, but happens quite often.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Mynhard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I've received a case number. 

Mynhard
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's all. No further contact. 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Mynhard,

Have you received an email? I show Customer Service has reached out to you on Nov 3rd for the best preferred method to contact you.

Mynhard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne

I've only received one email, basically saying:

"We have created a new case (# 40553998) for your request and assigned it to our support team.

An expert will review your query and respond to you as soon as possible.

You will receive an email notification when your case is updated by our support expert. Alternatively, login to arlo.netgear.com and check for updates to your case."

The email didn't ask for the best method to contact me (which is by email), and the only thing I see when I log into arlo.netgear.com is my own camera, library, settings, etc. No updates about my case.

Regards

Mynhard