Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule not working, camera arming itself, reporting motion when its not supposed to

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WhyCantIEmail
Follower
Follower

my camera schedule isn't working. or at least, i'm not getting any reports during scheduled times: 11PM-6AM PT.

on top of that, my camera arms itself in the morning. no prompt from me. starts sending me motion notifications. when i pull up the camera to see why, on the "Mode" home screen, it reads as armed. when i go into the device profile, it reads as being set to "Schedule". but again, the schedule does not say to be armed during this time, and changing anything in the Schedule interface does not disarm the device.

the only way to fix it is to disarm the device, only for it to arm itself once again the next day.

- i have restarted the device

- i have checked the time zone

Firmware: 1.10.1.0_195_13971f9
Hardware: VMC2040r6

also: it's such a strange choice for the non-subscriber support pipeline to be so frustrating. you're taking a yet-to-be-upsold user who is already having a bad product experience, telling them to go to chat, only for chat to tell them they don't qualify for chat because they're not a subscriber, then doubling down by asking if they'd like to invest more money in a product that isn't working for them by subscribing. what is the conversion rate there? like .003%? then you dump them into this awful community forum experience with a terrible search AI and a strange reload hiccup on the New Discussion page. how much more alienating can you be? is your plan to be as frustrating as possible so i sign up for a subscription? i'd sooner throw the camera away and avoid the company for the rest of my life.

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi WhyCantIEmail,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about your chat experience. We'll share your feedback to our team.

With your camera mode not working properly, have you tried deleting everything on your schedule and re-adding it back on? Also, try editing the schedule mode through the web client on your computer to see if that may help.