Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the old desktop software version figured out. But with the new version, I cannot figure out how to create a mode with a rule using just two on my four cameras. I have one in the garage, one out front, one out back & one in the basement. When home I'd like the front & garage to be on. Originally I had created a rule for the front & back only and that carried over to the new version but I don't know how to do the mode with a two camera rule.

Is anyone fimiliar with the new version? Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not difficult at all.  Edit your mode and click on Add Rule in the first screen.  Choose the camera and configure it.  If you're creating new mode, you can only add one cmera but when you re-edit it you can add others..  Be sure to save as you go.  Also, I have an open ticket on having issues adding rules to a mode using the Android app.  Web site works fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not difficult at all.  Edit your mode and click on Add Rule in the first screen.  Choose the camera and configure it.  If you're creating new mode, you can only add one cmera but when you re-edit it you can add others..  Be sure to save as you go.  Also, I have an open ticket on having issues adding rules to a mode using the Android app.  Web site works fine.

jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for your response - I tried the edit feature but adding the second camera location didn't work, maybe I didn't save as I went along make changes. I went into the mode that I named front & garage that is operating the garage only at this time. I created a rule for the front camera to add it to this custom mode and choose front, record front, activate when motion is detected on the front, on Front door is triggered, what devices do you want to activate - I selected front, then record video, set time to 20 seconds, gave it a name and saved, but only the garage camera is operating when set to garage!

I know I'm missing something, is this incorrect? "Front door is triggered, what devices do you want to activate - I selected front"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Were you using the app or browser? As I noted earlier, there may be an issue with the app not actually adding multiple cameras while the browser works fine.

It generally sounds like you're doing the right thing but it's not getting saved. You may have missed one or more of the save buttons. Perhaps screenshots of your steps would help visualize the process. Also, recheck your mode and see if both cameras are actually saved in it and then check the cameras tab to verify that both cameras have black running men, not gray.

Edit: Crap, just realized this is for the Q cameras. I only have one so can't speak with authority but it may be that you can't combine two Q cameras in the same mode. Anyone else wanna jump in?

jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm using a desktop broswer. I removed the garage camera and started over from the begining & it worked, I now have the two cameras works together. I don't think I could say how, but it's working the way I want it to - so I'm not touching it again! Thanks for your asistance in this matter.