Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Recording does not contain event that triggered it.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cruiserandmax2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lately all of our wired Arlo Q cameras are getting triggered by audio or motion as prescribed, however the initial event that triggered the recording (audio or motion within zone) is not included. In each case the  recorded video begins from the moment just after the trigger event.

For example if the triggering event is a quick loud bang- the bang is not in the video at all- the  video is just a 10 second clip of the nearly silent room starting from the moment immediately after the bang. If I stand quietly under the camera and begin shouting out a long sentence the recorded video begins a few words into the sentence.

When we started using these cameras years ago I don't recall this being an issue. I thought the whole point of the wired cameras was they were always recording so, when triggered, had the ability to include a few seconds BEFORE the triggering event in the recording?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cruiserandmax2 wrote:

I thought the whole point of the wired cameras was they were always recording so, when triggered, had the ability to include a few seconds BEFORE the triggering event in the recording?

The Q camera does have the Arlo Foresight feature, so it should be recording a couple a seconds before the trigger.

I'm tagging the mods - @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC , so they can report this.  It'd be helpful if other Q owners could confirm what you are seeing.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you PM me with the email that the Arlo q cameras are associated with?