Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Only receive notifications for outside camera instead of inside

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JPreview
Follower
Follower

I just need someone to realize this and fix the software issue in an update.
2 arlo q cameras purchased. Both in the home.
1. Pointed at outdoor front entrance.
1. Pointed at indoor entrance.

Both are recording movement. Both work well. Both notify me.

That is the issue. I’d like to have only the outdoor camera notify my phone. The indoor camera I’d like to turn off notifications. Between, kids, cats, dog, anyone being home I’m constantly getting notifications of movement.

I’d absolutely want to know if someone is at my door, but I don’t always need to see the movement inside the house.

In the notifications portion of the settings I’d like the “option” to be allowed to only be notified per camera. Not a “all” cameras or “no cameras” type of notification. As it doesn’t specify. Just the option to turn off or on notifications.

Turning off the indoor camera negates it’s purpose so I do not want to do that, but to have the option to be only notified when my outdoor camera is set off would be great asset.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you are running 2 Q cameras, each has their own MODE to arm....

Why not edit the Indoor camera's mode and toggle off the email/alert settings... easy fix;

MODE/ pick indoor Q cam/ edit ARMED / toggle off the email or alerts or both as needed

If you want to use the alerts when away from the home, create a custom Mode with the Alerts on and use that when gone from home to arm

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------