Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not allowing friend to share access

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lauraclare
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have installed a new camera today and am having trouble with the friend access. I sent him an invite and when he clicks on the link provided he set up his own account. But then it just tells him that there is no camera set up and asks him to connect a new camera. There is no option to accept my invite. I tried resending it once he had already set up an account but it still asked him to set up a new camera...

Many thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

After Granting Access to the friend, did you give him a camera to view ( done on a per camera basis )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Lauraclare
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I've selected a camera. When he clicks on the link it is as if I never sent him an invite, and just asks him to set up account and his own Arlo camera.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't try to set up a system. It would appear that he's not following the directions completely - he only needs an account and nothing else.

Lauraclare
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes exactly, he shouldn't need to, that's what is odd. He is asked to set up an account and then when he logs in it goes straight through to a page asking him to set up a camera to link to his account! There is no option to view my camera despite him clicking on the correct link on the email invitation.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have an invitation email anymore to check.  Maybe delete his access and try again.