Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Arlo devices found

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
almartin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo Q and have been attempting to set it up for the last 3 hours via the app and online - to no avail. I am able to get through the whole process (amber blinking light, enter wifi [changed SSID/password to all alphanumeric], sync with blue flashing light, scan QR code, chime). Then, it attempts to discover my device and always says 'No Arlo device found.'

I have tried unplugging, factory resets, shutting down app, shutting down phone....nothing works. The app will not identify the device nor will my.arlo.com. I have tried more than 30 times in various ways. Please help. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens to the LED when this happens? I've had occasion, including just the other day, where the LED continued to slowly blink blue are the QR code chime indicating discovery but the app kept searching. The LED finally turned off. I force stopped the app and logged in and the camera was there. This might be caused by the phone not being on the same SSID or by using the same SSID for both bands on a dual-band router.

almartin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi jguerdat,

The LED continues to slowly blink blue after the QE code is scanned and chimes. The app continues to search for a device and consistently cannot detect one. Each time I have to unplug/reset the camera to try again.

I tried a forced stop to the app during the detection and logged back in, but no device was listed.

The app and camera are using the same SSID. Is there something I could do regarding using the bands? Not sure there.

Thanks for the help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can set your router to use separate SSIDs for each band and try again. No guarantees but it may help. Possibly switching back to the same SSID for both afterwards would still allow the camera to work.

It may also be useful to try using a computer browser instead.