Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night vision blurry on arlo q

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mmarmouz
Guide
Guide
Hi

I have 3 arlo q, 2 of them are sharp images on night vision, but the last one i have purchased have a blurry image when night vision is used. Is there a way to fix that ?

Here is some images when light is on and some with night vision activated (red lights are on in the front of camera)

Please let me know if you have a solution.it might be just a defective unit !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmarmouz
Guide
Guide

Fixed after replaced the camera with a new one ! it was a hardware issue.

JamesC wrote:

mmarmouz,

Any replacements requests need to be reviewed by support. Your support case has been updated by an agent, please refer to your open case for any additional information.

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
mmarmouz
Guide
Guide
Here is some pictures, with and without night vision

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qijlylt29vqwesr/AABqIgcq8dPE62K0HeOuU6I5a?dl=0
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wow!  Tha's weird - looks like focus has shifted but these are fixed focus cameras.

Yes, I think you have a hardware problem.  Swap at the store or open a case using the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, something def wrong....

As a PS... When I use to set up cameras, it was best to focus them at night if possible ( over in day time )

less light always makes the focus more critical 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mmarmouz
Guide
Guide

How can i request an RMA ? i have contacted support and updated several times the ticket without any answer from the support team !

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mmarmouz,

I will request an update on your support ticket.

Something you can try is a factory reset on the Arlo Q device that is behaving incorrectly. Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the Arlo Q > Remove Device.

Allow the Arlo Q to come back online and go through the process of syncing it to your account again. Test to see if you still get the same behavior?

JamesC

mmarmouz
Guide
Guide
Ok i will do this tonight. If it does not fix the issue you will replace it ??
mmarmouz
Guide
Guide
Did remove it and also a reset on the camera. After adding again i have exactly the same issue !! Night vision is blurry !! It need to be replaced !
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could swap at the store if within the return policy or open a case with support for replacement.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mmarmouz,

Any replacements requests need to be reviewed by support. Your support case has been updated by an agent, please refer to your open case for any additional information.

JamesC

mmarmouz
Guide
Guide

Fixed after replaced the camera with a new one ! it was a hardware issue.

JamesC wrote:

mmarmouz,

JamesC