Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

NO chime sound, can't connect

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TheCargod
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo Q and trying to set it up for 4 hours now. I followed all directions correctly, but when I get to the part that says "Hold the QR code 4 to 8 inches in front of the camera until you hear a CHIME SOUND", I do NOT hear the chime sound. It's like the camera does not see the QR code. I've tried the set up on both a mobile phone and laptop, but no success. Please advise, thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the reset button?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

hold the reset button in for about 10 seconds till the front led starts to flash... redo the sync process.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TheCargod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I tried the reset but no help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A possible issue is the SSID of your WiFi.  I had an underscoe in mine and it wouldn't work until I took it out.

TheCargod
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, it's just a straight forward number/letter, no "special" characters.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd get it replaced from the store you bought it from.

TheCargod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it at Best Buy. I went and purchased a second unit and tried connecting that, but still no success.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd guess you're doing something wrong then.  You are entering the SSID and passphrase correctly and pushing the sync button on the camera until the front LED blinks blue, right?  Try moving the QR code around some, in and out, left, right, up, down.

TheCargod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, did and tried all that, still no help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TheCargod,

Consider trying to connect your Arlo Q to a guest network on your router. This will eliminate any potential issues that may be caused by your SSID/Password.

For instructions on how to do this, see here: Can special characters in a network name cause problems for Arlo Q?

Please let me know if you continue experiencing issues connecting your Arlo Q.

JamesC

jfab
Aspirant
Aspirant

no chime cannot connect   do i need windows 10 I have 8

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jfab,

Either should work. Consider moving the camera closer/farther away from the QR code until you hear the chime. How far away is the Arlo Q from your router? You might consider moving closer (within a few feet) to be sure you are in range to complete setup.

JamesC