Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BigBrainsOnBrad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Currently using Activity Zones with Motion Detection, but I can no longer see the Activity Zones in Video Settings (My Devices>Device>Video Settings) for each device.  When reviewing Mode of each device (Device>Edit Mode>Edit Rule>Motion Settings) the Activity Zones appear in Motion Detection Zones but I'm unable to see/edit Activity Zones in Device Settings.

While I'm unable to see/edit zones, it appears they still exist but I'm also receiving recordings outside of the Motion Detection Zones originally defined above.

Help Please........ 

57 REPLIES 57
mle425
Aspirant
Aspirant

It does not work. I still getting notification on the zone I created in the settings.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mle425,

That is correct behavior. The zones you create are the detection zones, everything outside those zones is not included (unless everywhere is selected when the rule is created).

JamesC

mle425
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm understanding what you're saying. My problem is I'm getting detection inside and outside the zone. It seem the zone I created is not there. The zone is useless when I pick the zone I created and save it in my mode. I get detection outside the zone. I have deleted and recreate the zone 4 times and I get the problem everytime I try the new zone. If you have read the discussion form. I'm not the only one with this problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mle425,

Can you post an example clip of the motion detection event you're seeing that should not have been detected along with a snapshot of your zones in your settings? This might help us better understand why you're experiencing the issue.

JamesC

mle425
Aspirant
Aspirant

And here's my setting

mle425
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not letting me post the video clip

mle425
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here's a screen shot of video clip

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mle425,

It looks like the angle of the camera could be the issue. With the camera facing the street, the passing cars could be causing an issue with IR reflection.

Try angling the camera downward to eliminate some of the street from the field of view and see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC