Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Hasselskog
Initiate
Initiate

I scanned the QR code with the Arlo Q generated by the app to connect to my wifi. The camera makes the chime sound, then the app says "Looking for your Arlo camera.." and nothing happens.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've found that sometimes it's really discovered. I log out and back in and there it is. If that isn't happening, be sure your phone is on the same SSID/frequency (2.4GHz) as what the Q is trying to connect to. Do you have the same SSID for both bands (smart connect) or separate ones?

Hasselskog
Initiate
Initiate

Hi jguerdat

Thanks for your reply : )

Unfortunately I've tried logging out and back in with no luck. I've also made sure the cameras are on the same frequency. I've tried setting them up in the app with both the 5Ghz and the 2.4Ghz bands. It's very odd, because they used to work fine with no issues.

rmsgfiber
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any luck with this?  Just got a refurbished Arlo Q and running into the same issue.  LED is solid blue, phone says Looking for your Arlo Camera... forever... and nothing.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Confirm the camera is working via a browser at  https://my.arlo.com

solid blue usu means it's online

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
John3
Initiate
Initiate

I had the same issue. I fixed it. I stopped trying to set the Q camera up with the app on my phone and used the online web address instead. Important things to remember:

1 - remember to wait for the light to blink amber after plugging it in (I was too fast) and it takes a bit.

2 - once the chime goes off it will actually take a few minutes and it will say "is it taking too long?" but just let it go.

That worked for me.

Also I had to factory reset one of them to get it to work (hold the reset button down with a paperclip for 10 seconds then it will reboot - you'll see it do that. Then back to my #1 above.... wait for the blinking amber light.

hope this helps people out there. 

Dicklett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am getting the same thing. I enter the Wifi code ok and it chimes on the QR code then it goes searching for my camera. The blue light blinks and after a time the amber one comes on....then goes off, no lights at all. My phone App then says it was unsuccessful in finding the camera. Very annoying. I've tried this several times with no luck. I thought perhaps the battery needs charging and I'm in the process of doing that but I doubt if that is the problem. Very Grrr.

Dicklett
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found the problem and it's to do with the Wifi connection. My provider Wifi code is something like "Telstra_1234AE_5G" and I was using that one to connect without any luck.  Checking troubleshooting guide which says don't use 5G so I re-did it and tried entering "Telstra_1234AE" without the _5G and it worked.  Gluck

adadadadam
Aspirant
Aspirant

So is the problem that it doesn't work on 5G? The only internet I have access to is 5G... Wish they would have told me that before I blew all this money on this thing.

DisappointedDad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thumbs down for now, you need better connection help within the app.
39shirt
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try adding them with your computer and not the app.... that worked for me... but it still seemed like it took a while.
sbll
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ran into this issue after updating the wifi network. Was using 2.4G and tried with both mobile app and the web portal on the same wifi network. The camera wouldn't connect.

It worked after I removed the device on my account and re-added it again.