Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Loud thump daily

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nporter04
Follower
Follower
I have 2 cameras, one in my living room and one in my basement. Every day I get an audio alert and it’s a loud thump. I get it from both cameras at the same time. There is nothing in the house at the time. It’s not necessarily at the same time each day either. Any idea what this could be?

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/98B23024A28E9B37_201803

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Customer18
Guide
Guide

I am not certain what type of structure your devices are installed within, but I would consider adjusting the microphone sensitivity or simply turning off the microphone activation if that would not interfere with the manner in which you are using the devices. It seems reasonable to me that accoustics wherever the devices are installed and/or the placement of the devices could be involved, and I tend to believe this is more likely than there being an issue with the device microphone-once you are able to exclude noises from neighbors and those from outside.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have never heard this before in all the time I've been working with Arlo ...that is strange.

There was an issue with the mechanical filter on one series but that was corrected and there is no mechanical filter that I know of, on the Q 

I would recommend you contact Netgear support and see what they have to say 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------