Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library Filter By Person Is Missing On Arlo App iOS 2.70

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
baonguyenx
Guide
Guide

After updating to Arlo App iOS version 2.70, the library filter by person is gone, but on PC, it is still there for my account. This library filter by person was the main reason I subscribed to "Arlo Smart Premier"; please fix it ASAP. Thanks.

Why would such an important feature didn't test before releasing to the public ?

18 REPLIES 18
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What Phone/Devices/Model/OS are you experiencing this issue with?

baonguyenx
Guide
Guide

It was Iphone 6S Plus IOS 12.1.2, and Arlo App 2.7.0 for Arlo Q cameras.

Currently, I am subscribed to "Arlo Smart Premier"; it worked fine previously but not after updating to Arlo App 2.7.0.

Marcuz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also missing the person filter in the library section after your recent update.
iPhone 7 using iOS 12.1.2. Also using your $9.99 monthly preferred subscription. That’s the most important feature for me. Please fix! BTW why was the filter section also changed? Some items deleted some added!
Will have to cancel if person not returned to filter.
baonguyenx
Guide
Guide

Yep, I agreed that Filter By Person was the main reason I subscribed to "Arlo Smart Premier", and now Arlo App becomes useless. Definitely, I will cancel the subscription if it is being removed permanently.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Brian294
Aspirant
Aspirant
I use an iOS device with version 2.7.0 of the Arlo mobile app. I am also a Smart Premier subscriber. It appears a recent app update removed the filters for Person, Animal, Package, etc. These filters are present on my.arlo.com. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Brian294
Aspirant
Aspirant

In case this information helps, here are the specifics of my device: iPhone 6S Plus, iOS 12.1.2

Marcuz
Aspirant
Aspirant
iPhone 7S iOS 12.1.2
Jsimpson007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where is the animal and person filter. I purchased premium service for this feature. I was looking to cancel my paid subscription but haven’t been able to locate a cancel subscription menu anywhere. I’m sure it’s not by mistake that it is hidden somewhere. Any help is appreciated!
dB20
Star
Star
Just updated Arlo app (2.7.1) for iPhone and I can’t filter library on smart notifications (e.g. people, vechicle, animals). Where did it go? I use that feature all the time. I have a smart premier subscription.
baonguyenx
Guide
Guide
Why is Arlo releasing new iOS App 2.7.1 today without fixing this bug?
dB20
Star
Star
Just updated Arlo app (2.7.1) for iPhone and I can’t filter library on smart notifications (e.g. people, vechicle, animals). Was the feature removed? I have a smart premier subscription.
meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

there is a thread about other issues with the latest IOS update...

such as library will only play the last recording, even though you click older

RKoch2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo App 2.7.1 missing the ability to filter by person and animal. I was hoping the update yesterday was fixing this issue, but it did not.

Fakishki
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem! I’m using the latest version of iOS. On an iPhone 7. Latest version of the Arlo app. I can no longer filter by person. This is why I bought the smart subscription in the first place!! I’m paying y’all $10 per month for a feature now missing from the system for over a month. This is ridiculous. Every time y’all fix something, another problem pops up. Extremely unsatisfied with your company’s inability to maintain a stable, functioning app that we are paying a monthly fee for. These are alpha/beta problems. How are you releasing these software updates without testing this stuff?!?
agentthumb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now that Arlo Smart has been implemented, it would be good to be able to filter the recording library by the type of motion that was captured. 

Use cases: 

I'd like to see what my dogs were doing during the day, I can filter by animal on my recordings and see all the recordings that had animals in them. 

Looking for specific people or vehicle outside, I can filter by those options to cut down on the number of footages I have to review. 

bigk9359
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the most recent updates, I'm no longer able to filter my smart notifications under Library > Filter.

Smart Notifications filter still work on a computer through google chrome.

iPhone XS Max 12.1.3

Arlo App Version 2.7.1

baonguyenx
Guide
Guide
It had been 3 weeks, and there is no update when it will be fixed ? The Arlo iOS App is useless now and we still have to pay for monthly subscription ?