Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I set up Arlo Q on AT&T U-Verse BGW210 Router?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CTW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't get the camera to connect with my gateway/ router. In set up mode with blue light flashing, the camera searches and times out with a buzzer noise, and then amber light starts flashing again. I found some instructions on how to open up ports 80 and 443 if that is the issue, but after adding the ports as custom services in the router, my Arlo device will not display in the "Needed by Device" select menu. See screenshot. Appreciate any help you can provide. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 12.49.06 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

It could be a 2.4/5Ghz issue. 

Do you have different SSID's for each of those or is it the same?

Try and turn one of them off,  sync the camera and then turn it back on again.

Also, AT&T default passwords are long and complicated often with things like ! at the end. Make sure that you are entering it correctly.

CTW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I checked the router interface and there is a single SSID for both frequencies. 

After some additional trial and error, I eventually got my home network router to recognize the Arlo device, but it still won't connect Arlo to the external Internet. I assigned the recommended port forwarding in the router interface (Arlo finally showed up in the device drop down menu). However, Arlo still won't connect externally. 

Arlo previously worked before moving into a new home and switching to AT&T U-Verse from Cincinnati Bell Fioptics. I also had problems getting my Denon HEOS (wi-fi enabled speaker) to work in this new house. I gave up on that and switched to Sonos successfully.