Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I access "nest" mode for my Arlo Q cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hank895623
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to do 2 things.

1. Get both cameras to record video when either detects movement.

2. Disable push notifications when movement or sound detectected when I'm home (at dinner time/evening), but resume at bedtime.

any thoughts?  Hank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hank895623 wrote:

I want to do 2 things.

2. Disable push notifications when movement or sound detectected when I'm home (at dinner time/evening), but resume at bedtime.

1) Not possible at this time.  There are threads in the Idea Exchange forum about being able to use multiple Q cameras (as well as with a wireless system) that you can add kudos to.  Unfortunately, I've had a suggestion there since the Q first came out that has a large number of kudos and still no end in sight.  The Q cameras are seen as separate entities as are any base stations and you can't combine them.

2) You mention using geofencing which would be appropriate.  For the Home selection, use the schedule which would have multiple modes.  If you don't already have them set up, create your own custom modes which would include whether notifications are sent.  Then schedule them appropriately (e.g. no notifications mode from 5-7PM but all notifications mode from 10PM to 11:59PM and also from 12:00AM to 7AM, etc.).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hank895623
Aspirant
Aspirant

I mistated my goal. I got distracted and forgot half of what I was thinking about. I am sorry.

I can use the geofence to turn off the camera while i am home, to stop the needless recording and messaging. But then I want it to turn back on while Im in bed, lets say from 10PM to 6AM.  Then it would be off again during the breakfast hustle, and turn back on via geofence when I leave for work.  Any thoughts on this senerio??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hank895623 wrote:

I want to do 2 things.

1) Not possible at this time.  There are threads in the Idea Exchange forum about being able to use multiple Q cameras (as well as with a wireless system) that you can add kudos to.  Unfortunately, I've had a suggestion there since the Q first came out that has a large number of kudos and still no end in sight.  The Q cameras are seen as separate entities as are any base stations and you can't combine them.

2) You mention using geofencing which would be appropriate.  For the Home selection, use the schedule which would have multiple modes.  If you don't already have them set up, create your own custom modes which would include whether notifications are sent.  Then schedule them appropriately (e.g. no notifications mode from 5-7PM but all notifications mode from 10PM to 11:59PM and also from 12:00AM to 7AM, etc.).