Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with connecting Arlo Q to wifi

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
amhan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 arlo cmaeras. One showed that it was not connected to wifi. Nothing in my house has changed. I tried reconnecting as before and the camera makes a "oh duh" sound after  it scans the bar code. I have removed the device and tried to add (failed). I have done a hard reset with a pin(failed) . It just won't discover the device. I know the wifi name and password are correct. I've read the other posts and don't see exactly the same issue as I have already done recommened steps. Help most appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When doing the hard reset, did you hold it in for 10 secs or so till the led flashed?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
druvar7
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Guru

There is no way to connect Arlo Q with your new app, why don't you test your app before launching it. Arlo Q is dead not connecting to the app. Now go ahead and delete my comment from here like you have deleted my post to hide Arlo team's incapability.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@druvar7 wrote:

Now go ahead and delete my comment from here like you have deleted my post to hide Arlo team's incapability.

Superusers don't work for Arlo, and don't have the forum privileges needed to delete posts. 

FWIW, I don't happen to have an Arlo Q, so there's no way I can reproduce your issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I do have a Q and the new app works with the Q just fine. He may have problems but it's not the app.

For the OP, contact support - you may have bad hardware:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

amhan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I did reset for over 10 seconds. Heard teh click too.  I used both the old app and the new, neither worked as after the scan of the bar code, the chime is followed by the "duh" sound which seems to signal a failure of some sort adn then 2 mintues go back searchng and the app can't find the device.

csyoung4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having trouble with one of my cameras reconnecting. I push the factory pin on the side for 10 seconds. It didn’t work. I am really frustrated with this device

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @csyoung4

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

csyoung4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did end up contacting Arlo support we discovered it was the router not connecting with the camera that was the problem

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@csyoung4

I am glad to hear that you are up and running. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Alesemann
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem as that guy. Last night, I connected my new arlo q to a wifi at a coffee shop, w help from chat support. Can't find the chat any more.. and can't set the thing up at my mother in law's assisted living. It chimes, ok, but then I get the f you sound when it times out and hasn't connected. I've reset multiple times. Synced. Held buttons a long time. wtf?!

@jguerdat wrote:

I do have a Q and the new app works with the Q just fine. He may have problems but it's not the app.

For the OP, contact support - you may have bad hardware:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

csyoung4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo support had me push a button on my router together my WiFi in sync with my cameras. Until you get your internet connected to your cameras it won’t work. You can attempt to set it up but it will fail.

Right_Mreow
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo only allow you to connect to wifi networks with very short SSID passwords. The password also cannot contain any special characters. Only letters and numbers.

It's appalling really, you want to have a secure home network, but you can't because your Arlo products can't connect to it.